Sunday 29 May 2011

Natural & Manmade Forms


Back in 2009 on my Art and Design foundation, as a class, i visited The Lake District, whilst i was there i photographed a lot of the scenery, it was very peaceful and GREEN! I was influenced by the Lake District for my Natural and Manmade forms project at college.

Using the macro on my camera, i managed to capture a close and rather effective image of the mushrooms, the colour is great too.

I lay on my back on the floor to take this image, getting my back dirty was worth it :)


When i visited London whilst on my Art and Design foundation, i was really interested in the architecture of the Gherkin sky scraper, due to the sun moving, the building is hit with light on each part of the day creating some amazing optical patterns. I was heavily influenced in my final piece by this beautiful and iconic landmark, and started to experiment with the hexagon shapes.


After design upon the diamond shape for my final piece after being influenced by the Gherkin, after my trip to the lake district and the collection of leaves and rubbings i had in my sketch book, i started to look more closely at the veins of a leaf, they looked very delicate and i decided to bring this into to my work.


For my final piece, i experimented with the leaf veins by photocopying one of my printed leaves onto to acetate. I then decided to burn the leaf shapes into diamond shapes pieces of wood i had made, i burned them using a pyrograph. After having a play and experimenting, i decided i definitely wanted to do the sculpture using wood. I made a hanging mobile with little diamond leaves on, images to follow of close ups of the final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment